To use the e-resources you will need a public library or eCard number.
Academic Search Main Edition
Discover full-text scholarly content for major college courses. Designed specifically for academic institutions and college-level students, Academic Search Main Edition provides authoritative full-text and peer-reviewed journals from nearly 1,900 full-text journals and nearly 1,300 full-text peer-reviewed journals. Subjects covered include biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion and theology, and more.
View the greatest events in world history with photographs, audio sound bites, video, and graphics, for over 185 years. Over 3,000 photos/images/sound bites/graphics added daily, including audio and visual snapshots.
Black Freedom Struggle
The Black Freedom Struggle resource is provided complimentary by ProQuest. It features select primary source documents related to critical people and events in African American history. By centering on the experiences and perspectives of African Americans, it is hoped that this collection imbues the study of Black history with a deeper understanding of the humanity of people who have pursued the quest for freedom, and the significance of movements like Black Lives Matter.
The Black Freedom Struggle website presents primary source documents from several of the time periods in American History, and contains approximately 1,600 documents focused on six different phases of Black Freedom:
- Slavery and the Abolitionist Movement (1790-1860)
- The Civil War and the Reconstruction Era (1861-1877)
- Jim Crow Era from 1878 to the Great Depression (1878-1932)
- The New Deal and World War II (1933-1945)
- The Civil Rights and Black Power Movements (1946-1975)
- The Contemporary Era (1976-2000)
Select from over 16,000 eBooks from the world’s leading publishers across all major subject areas. Perform full-text searches of a single eBook, search thousands of volumes simultaneously, browse topic categories, or read eBooks directly online.
Explore encyclopedias and specialized reference sources on a variety of topics from history, government, environment, math, and more!
Gale OneFile News
Browse and read full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world, or search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author,
newspaper section, or other fields. The News e-resource also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts.
- Includes more than 150 leading magazines/journals, including The Economist, Harper’s Magazine, The News Statesman, and The Spectator
- Titles with coverage from 1970 to present
- Full-text access to The New York Times from 1985 to present
- More than 1,600 newspapers, including The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Christian Science Monitor, The Financial Times (London), The Times (London), and USA Today
- Almost 400 newswires, including Al Jazeera America, AP Online, PR Newswire, United Press International, and CNN Wire in both English and Spanish
- No embargo for 94% of titles
- Over 195 million articles
This comprehensive e-resource draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. Topics covered include:
- Global climate change
- Green building
- Sustainable agriculture
- Renewable energy
Find content from magazines, journals, newspapers, reference books, and engaging multi-media covering a wide range of subjects, from science, history, and literature to political science, sports, and environmental studies.
Discover reliable and trusted information on a variety of topics to support middle school student research for government, U.S and world history, geography, literature, sciences, and social issues. Research In Context offers cross-curricular content aligned to national and state standards, and presents material organized into a highly visual and topic portal approach to quickly find answers.
MyHeritage Library Edition
Discover history. Whether you need to research a well-known person or learn about a famous city—this database pulls together billions of historical documents from 48 countries, millions of historical photos, public records, indexes, and additional resources that span the past five centuries.
PA Job Resources
Explore websites that provide career and college planning resources, education, training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
ProQuest E-Book Central
This resource includes 112 titles on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and cover subjects such as business, education, fine arts, history, political science, social science, juvenile literature, and sports and recreation
Science Reference Center
Perform research from hundreds of full text science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other reliable sources. View more than 280,000 high-quality science images from sources such as UPI, Getty, NASA, National Geographic and the Nature Picture Library.
Science Reference eBook Collection
Explore science from over 230 full-text eBooks! This collection of reference titles covers a wide variety of topics such as animals, biology, climate change, computing, engineering, experiments, life science, nature, oceans, physical science, and weather. Find titles such as:
- Amazing Feats of Biological Engineering
- Arctic Thaw, Climate Change and the Global Race for Energy Resources
- Bioluminescence, Nature and Science at Work
- Blades of Green, Adventures in Backyard Habitats
- Climate Migrants, On the Move in a Warming World
- Drones and Flying Robots
- Fun Experiments with Light, Periscopes, Kaleidoscopes, and More
- Ocean Engineering and Designing for the Deep Sea
- Our Energy Future, Introduction to Renewable Energy and Biofuels
- Space Junk, The Dangers of Polluting Earth’s Orbit
This database provides coverage in areas including history, health, language arts, math, science, social studies, and technology.
All newspaper, magazine, and reference book content is 100% full text, editorially-selected and indexed from over 2,200 reliable, high-quality global sources, including 400 full-text nonfiction books and around 300 full-text book chapters from publishers such as Britannica, World Book, Rosen Publishing Group, Enslow, and ReferencePoint Press.
- Controversial Issues: Over 80 issues including Alien Life and UFOs, Animal Shelters, Coral Reefs, Coronavirus, Cryptozoology, Election 2020, Fake News, Girls and Women in Sports, Honeybee Population, Prisons, Racism, School Lunches, Service and Support Animals, Student-Athlete Compensation, and Transportation.
- Animal Facts: Over 325 animal fact pages including Asian Water Buffalo, Brown Recluse Spider, Elk, Funnel Web Spider, Howler Monkey, Piranha, Quetzal, Quokka, Spider Monkey, Yak
- Famous People: Over 200 famous people/biographies pages including Bill Clinton, Christa McAuliffe, Chuck Berry, Frida Kahlo, John Lewis, Kobe Bryant, Langston Hughes, Marion Anderson, Pele, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Greta Thunberg, Hank Aaron, Joe Biden, Joy Harjo, and Kamala Harris.
- Country Facts: 200 Country Fact pages with sections including information on population, government type, government official, agriculture, language, and holidays.
Transparent Language Online
Whether you’re a true language learning beginner, dusting off your old high school Spanish, or eager to tackle your tenth language—Transparent Language Online will help you get started and stick with it.
With Transparent Language Online you can:
- Learn any of the 120+ languages, including:
- American Sign Language
- English (ESL/ELL) learning content for speakers of over 30 languages
30+ endangered North American and world languages (with more added every year!)
- Practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing/typing with interactive lessons and courses
- Build and maintain your vocab with vocab-focused lessons and a strategic review system that keeps it all fresh
- Learn anytime, anywhere with mobile apps that include offline and hands-free modes
- Explore a wide range of interests through courses focused on travel, workplace language, and beyond.
Learn about people, places, nature, history, and science from videos and eBooks on topics such as American Indians, Ancient Civilizations, Farm to Table, The Civil War, Continents, The Thirteen Colonies, U.S. Government, Disasters, Earth Science, Experiments, Extreme Science, Nature, and many more.
Need a fast answer to a question? Enter your question in the box below to Chat with a Librarian now!
Need a fast answer to a question? Try the new chat widget. Select the Launch Chat Now button below!